Low Deposit or No Deposit: Which Casino Bonus is Best for You?
For an NZ player with little budget or punters who just want to test different types of games without making a real money deposit, this guide sets you on the right path. Our author, Cosmin Brehoi and our reviewer, Adina Minculescu will teach you how to tell which offers the most value for your pocket, which online gambling sites NZ provide these bonuses, the advantages or disadvantages of these bonus types and what to do to avoid losing your bonus funds.
- No Deposit Casino Bonuses: Pros & Cons
- Low Deposit Casino Bonuses: Pros & Cons
- Which Online Casino Bonus Should You Choose?
- Our expert’s recommendation
No Deposit Casino Bonuses: Pros & Cons
No deposit bonuses are special promotion offers casino provides mostly when a new player registers an account. These bonus offers may include bonus funds, free spins, or bonus codes for exclusive rewards.
The beauty of this type of bonus is that you’ll only need to register on the casino’s website to be eligible. NZ players can get the best of this bonus to enjoy selection of games without risking their cash.
This bonus isn’t exclusive to new users only. Some no-deposit casinos allow existing users to enjoy this bonus through VIP programs, loyalty rewards, and promos.
You’ll find terms and conditions attached to no deposit bonus online gambling sites which include wagering requirements you’ll need to meet before you can withdraw your winnings.
Pros and Cons
- No financial commitment needed to begin gaming.
- Bets are risk-free.
- No deposit offers are a great introduction to online casino games and services.
- Winnings can be added to bankroll.
- Available at many of the best online casinos in NZ.
- Bonus comes with small amount of money.
- Bonuses work with limited selection of games (may exclude your favourite games).
- Bonus terms and restriction may make the offer not worth your time.
- Low maximum payout amount.
Top-rated No Deposit Casino Sites With Bonus Available
- SpinYoo Casino – $4 No Deposit Bonus as 20 Extra Spins.
- Slot Planet Casino – $5 No Deposit Bonus as 50 Bonus Spins.
- Uptown Pokies – Activate with Bonus Code “GDAY10” to get $10 No Deposit Bonus.
- SpinPug Casino – Activate with Bonus Code “LUCKYPUG” $10 as 50 Free Spins.
- Royal Vegas Casino – $12 No Deposit Bonus as 60 Bonus Spins.
- JackpotCity Casino – $20 No Deposit Bonus as 100 Bonus Spins.
You can start playing on all these top-rated casino providers with no deposit; note that it is also important to fulfill wagering requirements, which may be a low wagering as 25x, 30x, and 35x or as high as 70x.
Be wary of fraudulent or scam NZ gambling websites that are not licensed by any reputable body like the MGA. Some websites provide more specific promotions without needing to deposit, which will bring sums, such as $5, $10, or $20, depending on the casino. Our experts put together a complete list of $5 bonuses, $10 no deposit offers and $20 free funds with the purpose of organising these offers so that NZ players have an easier time finding them.
Low Deposit Casino Bonuses: Pros & Cons
Low minimum deposit casinos allow new players to deposit incredibly low amount of money and still get bonus offers in return. These bonuses can be used to increase your bankroll and extend your gameplay, hence boosting your winning chances.
Most online casinos with low minimum deposit bonuses impose a wagering requirement to ensure you’re playing a casino game with the bonus and not just trying to withdraw it. Once players have met the wagering requirements, they are able to withdraw to the payment method of their choice.
Players may also choose to use their winnings to explore more slot titles, live dealers, and well-known table games to get more payout.
Pros and Cons
- Broader limits to maximum cashout on withdrawal.
- Higher bonus amount.
- Bonus can be used to test out new games and casino services with less financial risks.
- Low minimum deposit can have game restrictions.
- The criterion for withdrawal can be difficult to meet.
- Limited payment options for low deposit.
- Casinos will require you to meet high wagering requirements.
Top-rated Low Deposit Casino Sites With Bonus Available
- Lucky Nugget Casino – Deposit $1 Get 40 Free Spins to Play Arena of Gold.
- Zodiac Casino – Don’t miss the Deposit $1, Get 80 Free Spins for Mega Money Wheel.
- Slot 52 Casino – Deposit $5 and Get up to 500 Free Spins on Starburst.
- Captain Spins Casino – Deposit $5 Get 55 Free Spins for Legacy of Dead.
- LeoVegas Casino – Deposit $10, Get 100% up to $2000 + 150 No Wagering Requirements Free Spins.
- Playdingo Casino – Deposit a Minimum of $10 and Get 400% up to $80.
- Spinz Casino – Deposit $10 Minimum to Get 100% up to $300 + 100 Bonus Free Spins.
All our low-deposit casino recommendations allow the player to make a low minimum deposit; some offer no wagering requirements, while others may require you to fulfill a certain number of playthrough before you can withdraw.
If you are interested in the lowest deposits out there, casinos offer bonuses for $1 and deposit $5 promotions on our complete selections. However, if you are more inclined in spending more, you can claim $10 bonuses.
Which Online Casino Bonus Should You Choose?
NZ players who are completely new to gambling and wish to avoid making financial commitments can opt for a no deposit cash bonus or free spins no deposits. This bonus will allow you to try out new games and see how they play out without risking real money.
However, players who for larger promo bonus amounts, higher max winnings, and don’t mind making a little deposit can opt for low minimum deposit bonus.
The final decision on which bonus type you’ll use is up to you. Choosing one type doesn’t mean you can try the other. We believe a no deposit bonus is a good place to start, but you could also try out a low minimum deposit too, to weigh in the difference and see which works best for you.
Regardless of what you choose in the end, do not forget to read the terms & conditions and casino FAQs to be better informed about the bonus you choose.
Our expert’s recommendation
Between getting bonus from a “no deposit” and a “low deposit,” our experts would advise you to judge based on the amount of funds in your budget. However, if you wish to know which they feel you should start with, it will be the no-deposit bonus. Most of our experts here believe you’re better off starting without financial risks.
This doesn’t mean no deposit is better than a low minimum deposit. On the contrary, a low minimum deposit will offer a higher value bonus. If this is what you want and you can spend a little for it, then we suggest you choose this.