How to Pick the Best Live Casino Based on Your Budget
Pick live casinos according to your budget by following a few simple steps. Read our expert guide and save hours of research and avoid losses.
How to Choose a Budget-Friendly Live Casino
Choose a live dealer casino that doesn’t harm your budget by considering these essential factors:
- The payment limits are convenient to your budget
- Make sure you still have access to popular games with budget-friendly betting limits
- Security and licensing of the live dealer casino
- The winning odds (payout rates) of the live dealer casino must be high
- Ensure the site has convenient and secure payment options
- Pick a site that also provides access to important responsible gambling tools
- Check the quality of the live dealer casino’s customer support
- Ensure you can use your budgeting strategies
While researching for a complete list of live casinos in New Zealand, we discovered that these sites offer the highest betting ranges in the industry. This is why it’s so important to choose the ones that are suitable for your budget.
Our experts will show you how to find the live dealer casino that provides all the factors above and protects your budget. You only need seven essential steps:
Step 1: Assess Your Budget and Limits
- Assess your budget and set your limits, to ensure you do not overspend. You can do this by:
- Deciding how much to spend on a weekly/monthly basis
- Set a budget per session and stick to it to avoid potential financial problems
- Set deposit limits per week so that you do not chase losses
- Set monthly limits on your losses
- Pick a live dealer casino with a low minimum deposit requirement to ensure you do not spend more than you can.
This approach helps you maintain control over your gambling, enjoy your gaming experience, and pick a casino that suits clear budget limits.
Step 2: Look for Popular Live Casino Games for a Budget
When choosing a live casino, it’s essential to consider popular games that fit your budget. This helps you still have a fun experience.
We recommend the following game categories:
Check the betting limits of these games, to ensure the minimum bets required are appropriate for the budget you set for yourself.
For instance, many of the best Roulette sites have minimum bets starting from NZ$10, which is quite high compared to the Blackjack casinos we selected, where the bets start at NZ$0.5.
Live Baccarat casinos offer titles where minimum bets start from NZ$1.
Step 3: Pick a Licensed and Secure Live Casino
Choosing a licensed and secure live dealer casino protects your budget because:
- Regulated casinos have clear terms and conditions, so you don’t lose money making uninformed decisions
- Licensed casinos must maintain a high level of game fairness, so you don’t lose due to cheating
- Secure casinos protect your data and the money in your player account
Step 4: Pick a Live Casino with High Odds
Understanding odds and the house edge is essential when choosing a live casino that protects your budget. The higher the odds, the less you lose, so your budget should be safe for a longer period of time.
Here’s how to calculate the odds of a Live dealer casino to make sure you choose the best payout site:
How to Calculate Live Casino Odds
To calculate the odds of a live casino, you need to divide the number of probable results by the total results.
For example, if there are four possible outcomes and eight total outcomes, the odds would be 4/8 or 1/2.
Pick Live Casino Games with Better Odds
Some live casino games have better odds than others, which means you have a higher chance of winning.
When researching for our Blackjack casinos list we discovered that this game provides the best odds, with a general payout rate of over 99%
Step 5: Choose Live Casinos with the Right Payment Methods
Live casinos with the right payment methods can save you a lot of money from unwanted fees and transfer limits.
So, they can help you manage your budget when playing at a live casino. Some of the most effective payment methods include:
- Cards: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro
- E-wallets: PayPal, Skrill, Neteller
- Direct bank transfers
Step 6: Pick a Live Dealer Site with Responsible Gambling Tools
The responsible gambling tools provided by live dealer sites include helpful budget-management options such as:
- Deposit, wagering, and loss limits
- Time session limits and reality checks
- Budget calendars and financial monitoring tools
- Reverse withdrawal options
- Game and betting history
- Bonus calculators
These tools help you stay on track with the budget you decide to allocate to your gambling activities and reduce losses considerably, which is why they are an amazing asset for a budget-friendly live casino.
Set your budget limits as soon as you create your player account, to ensure a complete overview of your spendings.
Step 7: Choose a Live Casino Site with Reliable Customer Support
Reliable customer support is crucial when it comes to live dealer sites where real money is at stake because they help you set your limits and can clarify any issues you have about live dealer promotions that could potentially harm your budget.
Look for live casino sites that offer multiple ways to get help and support, such as live chat, email, and phone support.
These channels will help resolve any issues quickly and will prove if the live casino site is truly safe for your money.
Before signing up with a live casino site, test their customer support to ensure it’s reliable and responsive. Ask them questions about their games, bonuses, and payment methods, and see how quickly and accurately they respond.
Step 8: Adjust Your Betting Strategies
- Apply betting strategies according to your budget
- Manage your bankroll tightly
- Try percentage betting
- Learn about unit betting
- Check if the Kelly criterion can help in your situation
Apply Betting Strategies for Your Budget
Decide which strategy to use based on your budget so that it can effectively help you manage your funds and increase your odds of winning.
Here are a few popular examples:
- Martingale: a betting system where you double your bet every time you lose, with the goal of recouping your losses when you eventually win. This strategy requires a larger than average monthly budget.
- Fibonacci: a betting system where you follow the Fibonacci sequence of numbers (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, etc.) and increase your bet after a loss based on the sequence. Again, this entails a larger budget to start off.
- D’Alembert: a betting system where you raise your stake with one unit after a lost hand/bet and decrease it by one unit after a win.
How to Manage Your Bankroll When Playing Live Casinos
- Step 1: Determine your bets. For this, you must decide on the amount of money you are going to wager on each hand at a live casino. Make sure you are not betting too much on any single hand.
- Step 2: Choose games with a low house edge. When you choose games with a low house edge, such as blackjack, baccarat or craps, this will increase your chances of winning and help you to manage your bankroll more effectively.
- Step 3: Don’t chase losses because it will quickly deplete your bankroll and leave you with nothing.
- Step 4: Take breaks. This will help you make sober decisions.
- Step 5: Keep track of your wins and losses. Make a note or a sheet in which you track how much money you win or lose during each session or during a predetermined time, like a week or a month. This will help you make adjustments to your strategy if necessary.
Percentage betting helps you bet according to a percentage of your budget that is agreeable to you.
For example, if you have a total budget of NZ$100 and decide to bet 5% per hand, your bet size would be NZ$5.
We recommend that you choose the percentage you will wager based on the RTP of the game you play. Never bet more than 30% of your budget on a first wager, otherwise you risk losing a lot.
Unit betting means finishing a live dealer game with a fixed bet. The size of the bet should not change according to the totality of your budget.
For example, if you want to bet NZ$5 on the first wager, you would continue to bet NZ$5 per hand regardless of whether your bankroll goes up or down.
Stop using unit betting when your budget is twice the size of your bet. It’s a good time to switch to lower bets in this situation.
The Kelly Criterion
The Kelly criterion was designed to help you decide the bet size in a live game when you know the winning odds.
This betting strategy has the following formula: a = (b x c – d) / b
The letters in the formula have the following values:
a = part of the bankroll you want to bet
b = the odds of winning for your bet (in decimal form)
c = the probability of winning
d = the probability of losing (1 – c)
You can only use this criterion when you know for certain the probabilities and odds of winning that game. This is very unlikely in the case of live casino games.
Summary of Key Points
You can easily choose the best live casino based on your budget by taking the following steps:
- Decide on your budget limits and stick to them
- Make sure you pick a live dealer casino with a popular game selection and advantageous betting limits
- Ensure the live dealer casino is licensed and secure to protect your budget
- Check the odds of the live casino. High returns mean higher winnings and less money out of your budget
- Be sure the live dealer casino you pick has reasonable deposit limits and the right payment options
- Make sure you can use responsible gambling tools for managing your budget
- Check the quality of the casino customer service
- Pick a site where you can adjust your betting strategies to suit your budget